Friday, August 28, 2009

101 word story that is 103 words

The kid lives three houses away. Me and Mary, we got the house on the corner. I call it her corner office but she doesn’t think that’s funny anymore. I don’t think its funny anymore either.
“I made eggs.”
“Breakfast of champions.”
“I thought that was Wheaties.”
“I thought it was a shitty book.”
She laughs a little, not like she used to. “Anyway, they’re in the fridge.”
I grab a cup of coffee and open the kitchen shades while I’m at it. The light hits the sink and I can see its been polished over night. Why can’t she forget that kid?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I do organic gardening. I am a building manager. I like fresh pesto and some other things about life. I make blogs for fiction writing classes.

I AM BEN MILLER

I AM BEN MILLER

Followers