Sunday, September 20, 2009

what's in a name part 3, inspired by Terry's love of smurple

Tina flounced into the beauty salon, dragging three poodles behind her. They yipped and back peddled at the overwhelming smells of perfumes and shampoos. Andre looked up from the nest of hair he was doing an Edward Scissors—hands impression on.
“honey, those dogs are just too cute, now get them outside, get get get. We have standards here at Vibrant Colors, stop looking at me with your jaw on the floor and go, go go go girl.
Tina tied the dogs to a parking meter and came back inside. “I’ll be with you in just five minutes darling, take a magazine, entertain yourself” Tina nodded and picked up a coppy of Rolling Stone. There was a giant picture of the Smurple Bandits on the cover. Tina sighed contentedly.
“Smurpule,” she murmured softly to herself.
“Tina, girl, get your head out of the clouds and get in this chair, it’s hair time, now what color do we want our highlights today.?”
The looked at each other for a moment then they both burst out laughing. “SMURPLE!” they shouted in unison and started jumping up an down and clapping their hands. Andre got to work on her hair
“Did you hear smurple creek is polluted?”
“Oh no?”
“Ya, Eddie was talking about it down at Smurples Pub, I guess he caught a fish that was barely smurple.”
“Smurple,” they both said emotionally.
The door opened and a large women in a green track suit entered. She was huffing and grabbing anything for support, her face was bright red. “Do you do highlights?” she yelled at Andre.
“Girl, you know I do, calm yourself. What color are we looking for.”
“Green, I need green highlights right now.”
Andre and Tina both froze, looks of horror on their faces.
“Is that, is that, some sort of joke?” Tina asked.
The Women looked confused, “No, I need green highlights.”
Tina stood up. Andre handed her a pair of scissors. “Smurple,” they said together.
“What?”
They locked hands, “Smurple,” they started walking towards the women, “Smurple,” they raised there scissors, “Smurple!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I do organic gardening. I am a building manager. I like fresh pesto and some other things about life. I make blogs for fiction writing classes.

I AM BEN MILLER

I AM BEN MILLER

Followers